British and Irish Association for Jewish Studies Book Prize
BIAJS is pleased to announce that the BIAJS to recognise and promote outstanding scholarship in the field of Jewish Studies. BIAJS will award one prize of £1,000 for the best monograph submitted. The competition will run every three years with 2018/19 marking the first year of the award. The winner will be announced at the annual BIAJS conference, which this year will be held in Oxford from 21-24 July 2019.
- Subject matter: Books in any area of academic Jewish Studies are eligible for consideration.
- Eligibility: 1) current ordinary BIAJS members; 2) current student or associate members presenting a book based on their thesis submitted at a UK/Ireland institution. Membership must be up-to-date, which is determined by payment of the BIAJS subscription in 2018.
- Nominations: Eligible members may submit their books for consideration, or be nominated by a publisher, or be nominated by another member of BIAJS.
- Publication date: Only volumes with a copyright date of 2016, 2017 or 2018 are eligible.
- Type of volume: Only monographs are accepted, including translations and commentaries of sources. Reference works and edited volumes will not be considered.
- Languages: Works in languages other than English will be accepted.
Please notify the Chair of the BIAJS Book Prize Committee Dr Yulia Egorova (Yulia.email@example.com) of your intention to submit a monograph for the prize. Your covering letter should include the following information:
- Contact details (name, email and postal address)
- Confirmation of eligibility and up-to-date subscription payments
- Details of the publication, including title, publisher and copyright date
You will need to mail three copies of your monograph to the Chair of the Book Prize Committee (mailing details will be provided upon receipt of covering letter).
The deadline for submission of the covering letter is January 31st 2019.
All volumes must be received by the judges by the end of February 2019 or the submission will become ineligible.