BAJS Studentship 2019/20
The British Association for Jewish Studies is offering the BAJS studentship for a postgraduate researcher to support the activities of the Association. The studentship will be £1500 for one year. The awardee must be a registered PhD student but can be based at any university in the UK and Ireland. The studentship holder will be responsible to the Secretary and Officers of the Committee.
Proposed start date: 1st September 2019 and end date: 31st August 2020
Closing Date for Applications: 20th May 2019
Interview Date: 22-24th July at the annual BAJS conference in Oxford
- To contribute to the administrative organisation and activities of the British Association for Jewish Studies, with specific projects determined by the Committee.
- To provide valuable academic administrative experience, career development and networking opportunities for a PhD student in the field of Jewish Studies.
The British Association for Jewish Studies aims to nurture, cultivate and advance teaching and research in Jewish culture and history in all its aspects within Higher Education in the British Isles. This studentship would suit an applicant who is studying for a PhD in the field of Jewish Studies, and is considering the possibility of an academic career. The studentship holder will support the activities of the British Association for Jewish Studies through assisting the Committee Officers in the work of the Association. The studentship will involve building effective working relationships with members of the Committee, academics and departments working in the field of Jewish Studies, liaison with schools and colleges, and other academic organisations with an interest in Jewish Studies. The ability to organise effectively and communicate to a diverse range of professionals is essential to this studentship.
- Covering letter, including a statement addressing the following areas:
- The subject matter and contribution of your PhD in Jewish Studies.
- Evidence of your ability to organise and communicate effectively (e.g. committee work, society work, IT skills, etc).
- Any other reasons for your suitability for this studentship.
- Curriculum Vitae
- A letter of reference from your PhD supervisor, which can be sent directly to the Secretary of the BAJS committee.
All materials should reach Helen Spurling (email@example.com) by 20th May 2019.