British Association for Jewish Studies Book Prize
BAJS is pleased to announce that the BAJS Book Prize competition is now open.
The book prize is a new initiative launched by BAJS at the July Conference in Durham this year to recognise and promote outstanding scholarship in the field of Jewish Studies. BAJS will award one prize of £1000 for the best monograph submitted. The competition will run every three years with 2018/19 marking the first year of the award. The winner will be announced at the annual BAJS conference, which this year will be held in Oxford from 21-24 July 2019.,
- Books in any area of Jewish Studies are eligible for consideration.
- Only current ordinary and associate BAJS members may submit their books for consideration or be nominated by a publisher, which is determined by payment of subscription in 2018.
- Only volumes with a copyright date of 2016, 2017 or 2018 are eligible.
- Only monographs are accepted, including translations and commentaries of sources. Reference works and edited volumes will not be considered.
- Works not published in English will be accepted on a case by case basis.
Please notify Dr Helen Spurling (email@example.com) of your intention to submit a monograph for the prize. Your covering letter should include the following information:
- Contact details (name, email and postal address)
- Confirmation of up-to-date subscription payments
- Details of the publication, including title, publisher and copyright date
You will need to mail a copy of your monograph to each of the three judges (mailing details will be provided by Dr Spurling upon receipt of covering letter).
The deadline for submission is January 31st2019.