The Parkes Institute for the Study of Jewish/non-Jewish Relations
The Parkes East and Central European MA Scholarship in Jewish History and Culture
One Scholarship is available for citizens of selected East and East-Central European countries to study for an MA in Jewish History and Culture at the Faculty of Humanities, University of Southampton, UK in 2018/19.
The University of Southampton is home to the Parkes Institute, one of the foremost centres for the study of Jewish history, culture, and literature in the UK, with specialists in ancient and modern Jewish history, literature, and culture, and the histories of British, German, South African, and East European Jewries. The Parkes Library and Archive is an outstanding resource for the study of Jewish history and culture.
The University seeks candidates who intend to use the degree to start an academic career or further an existing career in cultural, educational, archaeological, or communal work (e.g. Museum, Holocaust education, archive).
- You must be a national of and currently residing within one of the following countries: Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Lithuania, Latvia, Poland, Romania, Slovenia, or Slovakia.Please note that we are not accepting applications from non-European Union countries.
- You must be expecting to return to the country concerned at the end of the period of study.
- You should hold a degree of an equivalent standard to at least a good UK second class Honours degree.
- You should have a standard of English that meets University of Southampton admission requirements (IELTS 7.0 overall)
- You should not have already been awarded a university doctorate from another academic institution
- You should not have already spent a substantial period of time (more than a year) studying in a university outside your home country.
Deadline: Friday 22ndJune 2018.
How to apply:
See our website http://www.southampton.ac.uk/parkes/postgraduate/ma.page for information about the programme and details on how to apply.
In addition to your online application for the MA programme, please send a CV and a personal statement regarding this studentship to Dr Claire Le Foll at email@example.com.