The Rothschild Foundation (Hanadiv) Europe is a London-based charitable organisation supporting a range of Jewish cultural, heritage and community-based initiatives in over 40 European countries. More information is available at www.rothschildfoundation.eu
The Foundation is currently recruiting a part-time editor for its Yerusha project. Yerusha is a digital humanities initiative to virtually unite scattered Jewish documentary heritage in Europe by setting up an online database on Jewish and Jewish-related archival collections from the continents’ archives. More information can be found at www.yerusha.eu and https://twitter.com/yerushaproject
The role will require frequent consultation with the London-based Yerusha project director. However, the editor does not have to be based in the UK.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Editing archival collection descriptions in accordance with a preset format and style sheet
- Language editing of the descriptions
- Indexing the descriptions according to a preset thesaurus
- Experience in language and/or content editing
- Strong attention to detail
- Native proficiency in English
- The ability to work alone and be self-motivated
- Cataloguing/indexing experience
- Understanding of the major outlines of European Jewish history
- Working knowledge of a modern European language other than English
This is a freelance position available to self-employed individuals responsible for their own taxes and employment status.
A fee of £20 – £25/hour (depending on experience and qualifications) will be payable on regular submission of invoices.
How to apply
Please submit your CV and cover letter summarizing your interest in the role and how your experience would make you suitable for the position. The application should be sent to G.Kadar@rothschildfoundation.eu no later than November 9, 2015.